Saturday, December 28, 2019

genetics: get out there and explore. find a creek. listen. you need it.

I come home and cheat, the rest of the rotisserie chicken with ranch and A1, and I eat blindly only lit by the screen while I am editing photos. I'm giving myself a treat though I already did something wrong. I took grapes to a game, pulled them out and offered them to the people around me. It was after 5:00; they are a high sugar fruit. Only one lady took one. I had to eat the rest. 7 huge grapes.

The drive home and 1/3 of a bird.

It was the salt. I wanted the salt. So I cheated and took it. More up and downs today. Look sternly at myself in the mirror. Point at that face. Shake the finger and understand it's the removal of salt and the stress of leaving the house, but he said, "Have fun," and I was determined to. Plus, it was the kids. I got to see the kids.



And I got to tell you that you're okay and realize you probably don't believe me.
I have very little credibility. We'll get through this.



Today I am grateful for a kid, kids, the agreement we all have that nobody is without struggle, that perfect ain't ever gonna happen, and that at the end of the day, any of them, we are just here and there doing the best we can.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess I got lucky and never had an addiction to anything except this one girl when I was 20. Ok, maybe food, I like food. https://youtu.be/BGcDDgxDIZ0

Shea Goff said...

ohmygosh. that led me to this. https://youtu.be/pNupIgPNwpA

Seriously. Go off salt. Two days. No salt on anything. No canned goods. If you make a pot of beans, you can't put any seasoning that lists any type of salt in it's ingredients. Did you know that garlic powder is made with salt? Who knew?

Anyway, you're addicted to salt. I guess the comment section of this blog is our support group.
Time to play this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6BOs1Ejpvw

Anonymous said...

Awesome piano tune, salt and sugar Killin me. The 50's brought me high blood pressure, high sugar pressure and low will power, looks as though I'm doomed.

Shea Goff said...

Maybe that's what this is, a support group for the doomed.
Attacked by fire ants this morning. If the salt don't get me, the ants will.

Anonymous said...

Try moving faster. Said from a recliner.

Shea Goff said...

How did I know you were going to say that?

Anonymous said...

Dang, oint know?

Shea Goff said...

I'm going out on a limb to say you'll like this morning's exercise or mop music. https://youtu.be/jl3wOnDdX-w

Anonymous said...

Damn sho did/do.