Monday, April 23, 2018

the recipe you don't need



Five to six packed tablespoon fulls of orange zest. Half a cup of freshly squeezed orange. No need for product placement. Cake flour with the bird on the box, three whole knife edged in your favorite measuring cup. You're going to add four eggs, one at a time with just a touch of the white discarded on the last one. And vanilla. What is our obsession with vanilla? It's in the drizzle as well. Three tablespoons was too much.

Today I am grateful to have shared the first cut with him, to listen as he ate it and rated it. He's not a good judge. He loves every one. But I tear it apart down to the is this a good crumb.

Nope. But this is. I am grateful for it, too.

I thought I saw him yesterday right before I sped away. Why am I so ridiculous? Or reeediculous, as Adam would say. He would also consider this song a reeediculous playlist choice.

No comments: