Wednesday, April 4, 2018

honoring injury



Her captivity is the result of an unfortunate turn of the knee. The story is pretty great of a woman putting herself in front of children but the irony is she doesn't get to see them anymore. Just for a short time. Just till after surgery.

"Whiskey?" I ask.

She laughs. "No, I'm fine. The doctor told me to double up on the pain meds."

"You'll end up on heroin by next week."

"I know. That's what I told Steve."

"A&M?"

"I'm trying to low carb it."

"What does that even mean?"

And there begins a series of this happened and can you believe this and yeah, I remember this and how in the world and no ellipses because a conversation filled with stories can go on forever but somebody has a picture to take.

What if your biggest daily challenge is to listen and talk with people you love every day and still complete projects?

Today I am grateful for my biggest daily challenge.




No comments: