Wednesday, November 4, 2020

so, St. Jude Marathon

The marathon is virtual this year. You can do it on another day, but yeah - December 5th, the phone (if I use the phone) will start the race at 7:00 a.m. and a 26.2 mile course that we have to find and plan and what about water and inclines and health and I wouldn't be running it but I think I can do it within 9 hours and of course I'm okay with not winning. I've already seen what those other people are doing. Sure, there is this next step, next level attempt at doing my personal best so that I can always say, "Yeah, back in the day when I did that marathon."


But really, if you've ever lived near Memphis, TN and near loved a child, then you would think that why don't I focus on survival rates and people who go into work every day with the purpose of "Finding cures. Saving children." The least I could do is walk.



Today I am grateful for purpose.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome bunch of folks, wish I had the courage to do what they do.

Anonymous said...

I could be your water boy, you gonna need that poured on or you gonna need it in a cup?