Thursday, November 26, 2020

happy thanksgiving

 It's the worst - a day to top all other days on giving thanks. Just the pressure alone could kill me but then you add mama's dressing, granny's turnips, turkey, ham, potato casserole with green onion, sharp cheddar cheese and bacon on top, apple cake with a brown sugar glaze found in cyberspace and them. 

Today I am grateful for the crickets, the timer, the refrigerator humming. I am grateful for thick socks, furry boots, a birthday and a candle. I am grateful for a broom, a mop, a stack of old towels turned into rags and a dog who is interested in me finishing. I am grateful for big hills, a good rain and a warm shower.




I am grateful for you.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=RDF-kGUJOnuY4&feature=share&playnext=1