Sunday, November 1, 2020

how to be cool with rejection - article 1702, section c, paragraph 3

I don't know how to be cool. Making someone a pie is not cool. I'm thinking about making two pies today and offering one to him but he's probably not going to take it and then I'd just be stuck with a pie. Treat, trick - who knows. We're all just doing the best we can, maybe. But full moon, definitely.


Written earlier after listening to music in comment section of previous post:

But sometimes can you get what you need? I need today with him and I need to do this right and I was thinking about offering him a pie and I didn't even remember Halloween so yeah, thank you for the music. It was beautiful. I danced around the room to it. And I do want him to come over, but do I. What if everything changed? What if we loved what we had and we were always trying to get back in some type of what is home question but what if he can answer that. The problem would have to be that I'm having to ask the question when the answer is existing and being loved all around me.


Today I am grateful for a day to finish an article for a supremely patient person, to enjoy a conversation with my kid, to hike, to share biscuits and venison and eggs and grits and cheese and butter and whole milk with family and maybe, just maybe, share a pie with him. We'll see but I would be cool if he wasn't into lemon pies. I'd get what I needed but maybe not what I wanted.


It's just nice to want, maybe.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be cool with taking whatever he don't want.

Anonymous said...

https://youtu.be/RqrTLTMdasE