Monday, April 20, 2020

two shows with daddy



I pack up some black eyed peas and make me a cup of coffee. I sit in his chair at 7:50. It takes three minutes to find where ESPN is, but I do it and there's Peyton Manning doing a Chicago Bears skit.
A tribute to Ditka.

Then at 8:00 it begins.
At 8:06 the satellite goes out.
At 8:17 it comes back on again.
And there's Last Dance.
Then immediately a series of commercials.
It's been years. I forgot how long they were.

But it's worth it.
Because though I missed some I didn't miss my daddy walking into that room (his), acting shocked to see me, a slight scream to cause a laugh after seeing me in his recliner watching his TV on his way to the bathroom. Why in the world would I tell the internet that, he would ask me.

He sat down to watch it with me.
Episodes 3 and 4 next Sunday. Short term goals are a thing.


Today I am grateful for an example, for a man who loved his mama and daddy and family and had twins and learned to fly because his daddy told him he couldn't. It's a beautiful story. I am grateful to watch his with mine.



And good morning, you. Thank you for the note.

No comments: