Monday, February 3, 2020

relapse: hiding and eating: rib inspired

Two ribs devoured in such a manner that I was off in a room separate from the family. I've been so good, said no to myself for what 40 days? It was just more than I could stand. Even made and took this really great fresh guacamole with avocado, purple onion, tomatoes, lemon, garlic, jalapeƱos, turmeric, pepper, and yes, a little salt.

Gotta do the hill this morning.


I told her that I was taking it to him, and I did walk into his house and break open that aluminum foil, but when he asked, "What's that?" I said, "Ribs. We'll share them. Pick the one you want."

"I just had a burger."

"Okay. But I'm willing to share. Do you have barbecue sauce?"

"You can't have barbecue sauce. What are you doing?"

"I'm getting a bowl for the barbecue sauce."

"How much barbecue sauce are you going to eat?"

"I'm going to dip my rib in it. You know."



Today I am grateful for a party and the woman who serves like no other, those dang ribs,  just exquisite. We'll call them once a year ribs and it'll be like a Super Bowl thing and it'll be okay because we know that the day after calls for room temperature water. 96 ounces.


No comments: