Sunday, May 12, 2019

breaking down the Mother's Day failure of 2019

The greatest a gift I didn't give her would have been to have her phone fixed. It would have cost nothing to call the phone company from my working model and say to them, "I'd like to report a problem."

He's amazed I didn't.

He should be.


Today I am grateful for a woman who will make her Mother's Day breakfast this morning, for the flowers she receives, for the cards. I just wish I was aware and smart enough to have been better to her (and him) four days ago.



I took the girls to the store. There was this laugh, and I wish I could have looked at Willa and said, "If you ever find you can make somebody laugh like that, make them your best friend. Stalk them your whole life. That person, her mother, your mother, let them know that they are appreciated."

"She say anything about me?" he asks.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's day, I bet you a good un.

Shea Goff said...

Nope. Wasn't, am not, always trying to be a better example, a smarter person, healthier, funnier, more appropriate, less hovering, less distant. He grew up despite my hindrance. Now he allows me to be his friend. I am honored by his kindness.

Anonymous said...

If he allows you to be his friend, you musta done something right. We are all F'd up to some degree. Some more than others I guess, especially me.