Tuesday, January 29, 2019

waiting

I do not like waiting. It may have been said by a parent of a child, "You are mad. Why are you so mad?"

"I just.              sleep. I know it's sleep. I gotta get sleep."

"You don't have a problem."

"I know. I can't complain. How in the world could I complain? Look how good I have it.
Don't ever stop being grateful. I know that but still I'm mad and it's gotta be okay to be mad and sad and not so glad and why in the world is it cold raining on a weekday making me wait to see if I am required at an office today." (I may have thrown in a couple more choice words)

I do not like waiting because I am spoiled rotten as my ancestors did and would say.

He says she ruined us. He also says, "Shut up, Shea."




I am grateful for a rain and for more work than I can seem to fathom and for the health of those still living. Sometimes life feels like a tragedy, but waiting. Waiting is okay.




No comments: