Thursday, January 3, 2019

signs



I did not finish section five. I chose a bypass road at about 5:00 that night. We could go five miles by bypass or hike a mile up the trail and set up camp. We were already sixteen miles into the day but he didn't say that. He let me and Isaac choose how'd we spend the next three hours in a cold drizzle that evening.

We chose the five miles and set up camp on the side of the road that night. Tents were up and we were  in our warmest fetal positions within fifteen minutes of arriving to Adam's Gap.


Feels serious for a vacation and I do believe there was that moment when I said out loud to them and the trees, "Okay. I see. You set our goal this morning. We're rushing to get there. I am trying to figure out how this could be different from work. How is this a vacation?"

He says, "It's not true what they say."


"What?"


"Do what you love, and you'll never work a day in your life."


"How is that not true?"


"Do what you love, and you'll never have a day off."


The music is this.



Today I am grateful for work.


No comments: