Sunday, December 23, 2018

to name one of seven puppies



Puppies for Breakfast I think to title it, the story of two girls playing in an ocean of puppies before they even ate their waffles. She tells me, "No. People may think you're actually eating puppies for breakfast."

"What?"

"Call it Puppy Love."

"But don't you think Puppy Love has been used a lot. There's a reason, I know. It's good. It's solid. It's understandable, relatable. But puppies for breakfast is what those girls were doing."

We decide on Puppy Talk, and I smile as I go through photos of that morning.

If we had called it puppies for breakfast we would have had to see her being chased, attacked, the sun making the frost glisten. The contrast. She had a favorite puppy. She knows her by her hernia. And that puppy is hers.

Hers should be that puppy's name.


Today I am grateful to have puppies for breakfast.



No comments: