Sunday, September 16, 2018

survival love conquering fear



If you are an anxiety filled parent you may teach your child to you know, survive in the woods. Then your child is going to get so good at it that they teach you.


I think that's what this is about.



Today I am grateful for the opportunity to climb a mountain with my always pacing child, to have the lightest pack on the trail, and to wear a t-shirt my brother made.


And a playlist.
But will I listen to it?
Or will I go into a frantic sleep so fearful that I'm going to miss something I should have noticed. And the wild hogs/armadillos attack not only me but the guy who is and will always be my responsibility.


Right now I am saying I am going to take some Rakoff, Translee, Alicia Keys, the two Bens, Papaw Moore, Aunt Bet, Aunt Dottie, Aunt Sue, and whoever else possibly me.

The goal of this hike is that I get to say who I'll be and I'll stop counting days of no while beginning to start counting days of saying yes to steps, rocks, smiles, jokes, a sweet life. And maybemaybemaybe those days will turn into weeksmonthsyears. Or maybe not,

You know Lumineers is going.
The National will be there.
Dave.
Definitely.

Sorry.

No comments: