Tuesday, January 18, 2022

first day of fast

 Thirty-one hours of nothing consumed but coffee and water and I cheated. I had the powdered creamer. My body revolted which I guess is to be expected when the last mouth to stomach conversation involved Sunday's homemade biscuits with butter and Blackburn syrup and venison and eggs and grits and cheese. So after thirty-one hours of room temperature water and that cheating coffee, my body said, "Hey!" but violently. Eating too much protein, veggies, fruits and nuts late yesterday afternoon into the evening was not as enjoyable. Energy level was low but how could it not be - I wasn't fueling my body.

Day two I am starting with a glass jar full of warm lemon water. We'll see.


Today I am grateful for an opportunity to decide if this is right for me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you weak and need someone to squeeze yo lemons, I'm da guy. Just want to help, no strings attached.

Shea Goff said...

So kind of you since yes, I am weak and already have strings. There's the AT&T guy, the old coach, the year of him, the eleven of him, the Hokie, the dad. I just need to sit and behave but of course I smile when you ask.

Anonymous said...

Had to take my shot. Ain't got many left.

Anonymous said...

Fo real, the telephone man? Can't shake that one.

Shea Goff said...

You may have more left than you think. He was beautiful and on my front porch with her paws on his jacket as he rubbed her neck. She fell in love with him before me but only because she met him first.

Anonymous said...

I guess hope can be a strategy after all. This rain.

Shea Goff said...

Yeah, you can't give up everything. We all need hope and rain, right?