Friday, November 16, 2018

when left to my own devices


Como Sessions
Why Not?


I actually said the words out loud to him. "If you have to pay a dime for college, there's no need for you to go."

Photography is a skill, a trade, a liberal arts degree at best, and that's not saying that proper schooling doesn't have it's place but come on. That kid knows how to use the internet. Teachers are everywhere. Could you even watch every Adobe tutorial ever made and have time to eat, sleep, and practice your trade? No.


He just needs mentors, or people who were helped along the way and know that you don't get it without giving it.




She says, "I'm getting a camera for Christmas."

"Good for you."

Then, "He graduates and after he does I want to be him. I want to do what he's doing."

"It's not just having a camera. It's having a passion for it. A mind that won't quit even when the world is telling it to. I wasn't looking for him or that. I have enough to do. He came, and I saw what he was doing. I don't care about you having a camera. You got to show me your best work."

She nods. She seems to know what that means.

We'll see.






Today I am grateful to be surrounded by minds open and willing to learn and teach.





I send him a quick message and ask, "If we planned a meal and cooked together one evening, what music would you play from the corner of the adjoining room? Do you ever dance in the kitchen?"


Also, would someone please get my car to play this mixtape?

No comments: