Saturday, November 24, 2018

I'll text you

It may be considered the rap/hip hop phase of remember in 2018 when you went down that rabbit hole? You go down enough rabbit holes you begin to recognize the void you see. So, you think,

"Man, I gotta get back to work after a lunch and a babysitting gig with a kid that may indeed cry the entire time her parents are trying to have dinner. It's alright. The other kid will help me."

Well...





10 miles today. Lunch with a friend. Plenty of water. Get calendar done. 5 day Pinhoti Hike in December. Make a list. Turn off that damn phone. Go to bed early.


It was my kid who explained everything to me because yes, I am an idiot.
First step, people.


"Mom, he's with family. He's home to spend time with them. What time is it? 10:00?"

"Yeah."

"He found a better option. You didn't make the cut."

"Yeah."

"You said he had a girlfriend. Right?"

"Yeah."

"Maybe he just doesn't feel comfortable about doing that to her."

"Yeah."




Today I am grateful for where his music led me, and I respect that he needs to not text me.

No comments: