Saturday, August 18, 2018

the ostriches

"I'm sorry you feel that way."
                      Bill Burr



I was going to make him watch it. Tempted him with a morning movie, rain, food, and ostriches. Nothing worked so I called her and asked, "Am I a monster?"

She laughed.

"Hear me out."

"Okay. I'm listening."

"I seriously just want to make him do something."

"Like what?"

"Like watch Bill Burr because he liked comedy."

"Okay."

"Why do I want to make him do something if he's already doing what he wants to do."

"I don't know."

"What's Mark doing?"

"He says he's taking care of my pool."

I laughed.




Today I am grateful for grapes, cherries, chicken in the jambalaya, and all the tap water anyone could drink, an awesome friend who listens to my absurdity, and the upcoming call from a kid who may have teased that I only have room for one man in my life.


No, no, no. I only have room for one great kid and never am I not grateful for him.

No comments: