Monday, August 27, 2018

some people make it look so easy

if all of a sudden you feel a little crazy, it is to be expected. getting here took a long time and changing your mind feels like an abrupt halt or slamming on brakes. like saying, "wait.what?"

but it's just day one and you didn't smoke.
so, that counts.


Today I am grateful for how the nerves in my body have reached the surface of my skin and how my neck feels good if I squeeze it. I am grateful coffee still exists and how iced lemon water tastes best when drank from a Mason jar. I am grateful she feels better, too.


Tonight's music needs to calm and sedate as if it was brought to you by Chantix, but really it was brought to you by Nora. So, yeah.


(also, thank you for reading. I kinda like that it's just us here.)

No comments: