Tuesday, August 14, 2018

people projects can't stop counting

She says appreciative at the end of sentences and I understand. It's a lunch and questions and getting to know each other. I look forward to it. She's real in an in front of you way. She dresses like a rockstar and has the energy of a lot of horses. Eating while we're talking will be a frenzy, and I'll enjoy writing about it.


I could be enthralled with him. Because he calls before he was supposed to and we sound old because we feel age and we agree. We like who we are and where we'll be. That wasn't always easy.

We simply plan to walk.

"What do you love about it?"

"It's just that I wouldn't change anything. I mean, I didn't do what all my friends did, but I do what I want to do and my life has been good. I've got good friends, good family. I love what I do."

There is a warmness to him, a kind soul and spirit. A be and let be type of music, but I don't dare ask yet. It was just one phone call which for me is pretty much a date. So the walk will be our second one.

How many dates do you have to go on before you ask,

"What do you listen to?"

Can you fall in love with a person's music?

What I hope he says is, "Crickets and ceiling fans, the air conditioner running, and someone who loves what they're doing."


Today I am grateful for the ability and the time to hear and see the people around me.



(maybe I can get him to agree that he'll think of me if it ever rains on a Sunday afternoon)


No comments: