Wednesday, August 22, 2018

gratitude credit

I mean, if we're doing this for the sole purpose of getting something in return, that somehow as humans we're wired or designed that way. That even if the most unselfish act is entirely selfish for the way it makes us feel, I would like to use my credit, or whatever's left of something I may not have used.

I want to wrap it in a beautiful white box with a classic red bow.
I want to use my best handwriting on the card.


This box contains:
Whatever I've done that may have been right,
Any credit I've earned or been given,
This box contains any mercy, any grace.
I have too much.
You can have anything I haven't already wasted.



Today I am grateful for the way she answered the phone, for her laugh. For once me not trying to avoid something.

No comments: