Wednesday, August 14, 2019

not an eviction notice

She was embarrassed about the length of time it took from enjoyment to a testament of gratitude. She typed the rules and called them information. Do you ever look out and wonder if you're good enough? And then at the very brink of possibly answering that question with a negative, or heck answer it that way and then listen as a friend or your daddy or your brother or your mom or your kid shows you that you're good enough for them and they're some of the greatest people you know.



Today I am grateful that they were late, that I sat in an air conditioned office, that he called, he texted,  she left a note taped to my door. Just when I think I don't deserve people I look up and realize who is surrounding me. Their love is a gift, and my heart swells with gratitude for it.

No comments: