Sunday, August 11, 2019

early irony

It's best to leave before the sun gets too bright and we won't talk about what month it is. Instead we'll imagine and discuss and argue and dream and I will touch you ever so lightly on the back of your arm between your shoulder and your elbow and you'll tell me what muscle that is and you make me think of my own muscles.


Today I am grateful for a teacher and a coach, for someone who says think of others but seems to make my body get consumed with itself.


3 comments:

Shea Goff said...

https://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_listening_to_shame?language=en

Anonymous said...

Deep, powerful. Now I'm awake until midnight chasing my racing mind sorting out the guilt and shame.

Shea Goff said...

It's definitely one of those to keep handy. I fail and feel shame on a pretty steady basis. You see it here. She tells me that it is not only okay, it's a must for someone who is courageous. Courageous is one of those ego words. It scares me. If you feel courageous, you get your butt kicked but getting your butt kicked is part of failure and shame.

Dare greatly?
How dare you?
Who do you think you are?
I'm just as important as you.
Shame.

Time to get back to work.
Thank you for being here.