Sunday, March 24, 2019

not awesome yet. maybe never. being okay with that.




It feels like waking up early on a Sunday morning and understanding all it is that you will need to do today. Just take a hike. Just a hike. Put on the shoes with some good socks and get lost in a world of pine straw and cones and sticks and climbing on a tree to cross the spillway.

Fold clothes.
Wash your car. Good.
Drink only water. And coffee.
Eat.
But not so much.

Get ready for tomorrow.




Today I am grateful for fresh air and not so many bugs flying around. I am grateful for trees which fall and land so perfectly as to allow us to practice on a balance beam. I am grateful for a good pair of shoes and socks, for three free meals, for friends, and for being on the run to get things done so I can be a better person for the people around me.


I am grateful to share music with kin. (At the end when he says, "Period.") Right?


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

https://youtu.be/8ui9umU0C2g

Unknown said...

Damn. To say thank you would be trite, but yeah. I needed you and this tonight. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Don't tell anyone, but this song made me f'n cry. I'm all f'd up tonight.

Unknown said...

Anything I can do?

Anonymous said...

I wish, guess it's all on me.

Unknown said...

No need to carry that alone. I'm here.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I'm going through some Boy Epic tracks. Guess it's like playing with uppers and downers. Maybe it's downers and downers, I cantc tell anymore. Still wanna pull ur ponytail.

Unknown said...

Insert smile here.

Anonymous said...

What about you? Why did you need this and me tonight?

Unknown said...

Because I'm silly and ridiculous and I needed to get out of my own head tonight.

Anonymous said...

Glad I could help, if I did. Wish this old world wasn't so f'd up, I would love to sit and talk, or maybe sit with headphones on sharing music links. I thought it was cool how the video transitioned from studio to stage, maybe I'm a nerd, possibly a dipshit?

Unknown said...

You did. You're brilliant.

Anonymous said...

I listened to it again with the lights off and headphones loud as they would go. Didn't cry but my chest did hurt. I am so envious of musicians. Thank you for the replies, they tend to pull me back from the edge.