Sunday, March 31, 2019

cardio






I don't know how many yards they were up ahead but let's just say you draw a straight diagonal line from this bank to where the bridge's reflection hits the other side. May have been further though that a dog, a dogs face over a fallen tree with his owner behind him pleading a wishful command of "Stay. Don't go. Do not flinch. You are flinching. No. Stop. Don't worry, you guys. He won't hurt you, but he does like women."

That's when Trail Miser and Trash Man opened the human shield and allowed that grinning beast a straight up have of me. And I braced for what in some warp of time turned that dog into a vertical, face to face, eye to eye, I swear he was grinning tackle. He came close to having me on my back and he is an example of how backpacking can turn into some pretty weird cross fit.

So yeah, now I'm just going to call my country strolls, cross fit.


Today I am grateful for Sunday's cross fit which included an exorbitant amount of laughter, or cardio.

No comments: