Wednesday, March 13, 2019

kids tell the greatest stories

They are comic genius, and we're just supposed to be having lunch. We not only have lunch. We have to go to the bathroom, load up, lock down, release air flow, sing, smile, point at the cows. Close as I have to showing them what riding in the back of a pickup truck feels like is opening the sunroof and all the windows for these girls. It's deciding and arguing and ending up taking away to a park, a trail, a lake. Brains has on her boots, but Exclamation and I have exposed socks. We can't jump through the puddles, but she sure smiles when she does.

And then, after chicken bites and two bites of a flattened burger, and I ate all mine while we spied colors, Brains said, "Bathroom."

When we got back to the house he wasn't home. We all used the bathroom, and I suggested we go down the road. The resulting video of Brains with the exclamation of Exclamation explaining to me that their daddy had gone to Texas on a trip he had planned and discussed with them, is either comic genius because yes, I showed it to their daddy or we should all be concerned that these young ladies are incredible storytellers.



Today I am grateful to be able to listen to some of my favorite storytellers and their children.


No comments: