Saturday, August 21, 2021

seven point seven eight - ten lessons

1. Can get pretty slick and wet in places - sure my footing.

2. Do a night run, fall in love with those hills.

3. They do still trade Deet at the local Dollar General. Sprayed on the bottom of my pants and on good thick Mama gave me for Christmas socks in those shoes my feet have molded over many miles - took care of the toes and ankles today.

4. Treat everything as if its the trail. Pulling those limbs helps me get up those hills. The heavier broom is building a stronger center.

5. I love my trekking poles.

6. There will be people faster than me and they'll clear those spider webs. I'm saying that'll cut five minutes off my time - giving me a chance to break.

7. Don't just push myself up the hills only to slow up on the straightaways. Pick up the speed there.

8. It's hot.

9. I hate that I'm already complaining.

10. It is possible, but I am a mouth breather. (Huberman says that I should be doing that through my nose, but... and now whining.)


Today I am grateful for possibilities, the dang cows, walking up on deer, floating limbs over a fence, air conditioning and a good nap.

No comments: