Friday, August 6, 2021

if only

 

You know how someone's presence in this world feels so necessary and how could I ever be so greedy as to want to consume you like I do. Because where do I draw the line with you? And what can I keep of me because it's like that. So I tell myself that you simply being there is enough until I see you and my heart does not flutter. It slows and my breathing does not tremble. It deepens and that is wrong, I think, for you to do to a woman especially around children.



Today I am grateful for Friday night dinner, the garlic parmesan wings, the girls, banana pudding, counting out the tip and an after dinner swim.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can still feel both hands on my shoulders as they pulled all the strength from my knees. Wanted to stand, hug and say a million things. I was damn near speechless as my head was spinning.

Anonymous said...

https://youtu.be/pLTCXVyWDlQ

Anonymous said...

https://youtu.be/y3CMdMIQWMo

Shea Goff said...

Ebb and flow, I tell myself. Just breathe through it. Make it fuel you.