Sunday, May 31, 2020

mixed media

Day 8


You at breakfast. Yes, Crisco shortening. Shawnee's Best is the flour. It can only be purchased from the Southern Market in town. When I was trained she used all purpose Martha White and added the salt, baking soda and powder. Buttermilk always. If you make the biscuits once a week you only need half a gallon to use it all before it expires. Those biscuits, scrambled eggs from the chickens across the road, perfectly seasoned you won't add a thing grits and three proteins: ham, pattie sausage and smoked then seared venison.

It's the only day of the week that I end up drinking whole milk out of a tall glass. That stuff is good.


Today I am grateful for a breakfast at her table. 
It is my weekly cheat though I did grab some of my brother's gumbo last night.



Jemba sent us a playlist.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe if by coincidence my truck broke down and I knocked on a door to use a phone cause the cell service is so bad. Maybe by coincidence breakfast was on the table. Kinda what's running through my brain, I think the butterflies in my stomach does this to me.

Anonymous said...

You pinch n roll em or cut em?