Monday, July 2, 2018

comment on top five

He says, "I don't ever really fit in."

My brother makes me watch the video, and he watches me watch it. This guy has me with the it's him. Thirty Rock writer, comedian, rapper when did this happen. It's on open parking lot. Soulful chatter. I take off my glasses, move closer to the screen. A chair, a guitar, a beautiful man with a beard. This is getting good, but then.

Donald. Childish Gambino is standing there with his back to the camera. We just want to party, and what he does with his face. It's fluid with an edge. The flexing. And then.

hate.

I actually groaned and put my hand up to the screen. My brother laughed. I knew I had to keep watching. I wanted redemption for seeing it. But then he walks through that door and I'm hoping
no. he kills every last one of them. I say, "I knew I should not have loved them." Talking about the choir. He laughs again.

It is the shock and awe of him, the fear of what are we teaching our children.


My brother says, "He is just so visually talented."


He is.

No comments: