Monday, June 25, 2018

not funny

It was some type of World War II phenomenon or diagnosis or people began to live amongst the bombs. It still happens today. That sitting criss cross applesauce on the floor behind a dresser or running to your best friend or eating at a cafe wondering if it'll be that place today or getting in a car and pushing past the possibility that someone else is playing an idiot or what has wrapped itself around your brain?

Life can be incredibly depressing. That's why I constantly have to remind myself of all the good.


Today I am grateful to sit in a gym with a coach, understand that even in the heat people play, and all I can seem to say is thank you for the air conditioning. A friend once said, "The music that was number one when you were born is the theme of your life. Yours was bridge over troubled waters."

"Why can't it be dance music?"

He laughed, but I told him it wasn't funny.






No comments: