Saturday, May 5, 2018

comfort by his side

It's in the middle of the horse trail. There's a 10:00 a.m. sun, but only late March in the south, beating down on our necks. We have no idea how far we are. Just that we left this morning. I'm already complaining. There's no shade, and the dirt is packed with heavy hoof tracks. It's too slow to measure our typical walking speed with distance. It's day two after the night we got there.

What are we doing?

A better hiker would already know the distance, would have already said we'll be there by 11:00 a.m. Seth just got the map yesterday at the house. All we knew is that we were walking into a wilderness known for it's beauty. Sipsey was amazing.

But I complained and even sat down and cried later that day. I didn't know that we would get out of there. We only had three more days.

Which was plenty.
But I didn't know that because I had no faith in my planning.
I just knew that it sounded like a great idea.


So when I asked, "Can I do this one?"

He answers, "If you can keep up. Go do the trail I did. I'll be impressed if you can do that."

I am grateful for that kid.


And since I have claimed myself to be your disc jockey. This by that guy.

No comments: