Sunday, March 28, 2021

kidney stone one, I zero

 When Huberman talks about neuroplasticity it is understandable and sensible and of course, yes. My body is connected neurons and pathways and electrical currents relaying messages throughout my entire being but a small stone formed inside my kidney, and everything Huberman said was out the window at 5:00 a.m. By 5:15 I knew I couldn't make it to my brother's house, driving or walking. No way I could dial the phone for the shaking. I thought about Huberman's suggestions on breathing, maybe if I could control it.


And suffocate.


The stone won. I claimed defeat. Once it had it's victory, it let loose it's hold on me.



Later I had a conversation.

"What does the cow say?"

"Cow?"

"Yes, the cow."

"Cow?"

"Moooooo."

"Moooooo."

"Right. How 'bout the turkey? What does the turkey say?"

"Turkey?"

"Yes, the turkey."

"Turkey?"

"Gobble, gobble, gobble."

"Gobble," she smiles.

He says, "Don't listen to her."

She says, "Pop."



And this guy.



No comments: