Wednesday, October 10, 2018

hike eve

Not going to complain that I can't take my camera.

It's the muscle pain in the left side of my neck caused by the whiplash of hearing that he passed the stone.

Hearing, "Hey. I passed it. We can go tomorrow."

I did then especially notice how my feet felt in my shoes. "Was that a rock? What's wrong with my toe? Uhoh, I have to get comfortable in my skin and my bones moving up and over rock and dirt and in wind and rain and I think I said I couldn't complain."


So far my favorite part is calling and hearing from him. It's been too long, kid.



Today I am grateful for a trip, a tough kid, and for the laughs we are already getting and giving. I am grateful that these hiking sandals came with directions and waterproofing is easy.





(And yes, I too, feel like maybe the waterproofing thing was not supposed to be so easy and I'll find out in the next couple of days how much harder it should have been. Potential comedy for the trail.)

No comments: