Thursday, August 20, 2020

once upon a time

there was this girl who met this guy who she only wanted to run to and he was so supremely not interested that the girl thought dang I just need to go away. And why not? He is a type of torture for me and maybe we begin to outgrow a place because there's another place, right? I don't know. It's our music. Our music will always be with us. It doesn't matter where.

but there are other people who sneak into an apartment building to run and spray and laugh and love and that has to be true no matter where you or I go.



Today I am grateful for groceries, fresh red and green peppers, a car ride with three other people and teachers and teachers and teachers everywhere I go.


And they rode off into the sunset, whoever they are.



I was told beautiful stories as a child. I didn't live up to those, in response.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard the stories you were told but everything I know about you is beautiful.