Wednesday, April 19, 2017

hustle


It's the morning's theme not dissimilar to that way when in the early days of calling myself a writer I would declare in an inner voice and then in an outer one to those nearby possibly only in the proximity due to their curiosity of what parlor trick I would be performing next, "Today's word is hustle."

Then, "What do you think about that?"

They, less excited and more taken aback because weren't we just discussing their chest cold, would nod questionably but approving, "Yeah? I mean, yeahyeahyeah. I hardly got any sleep last night."

"But what do you think of when you think of the word hustle?"

They nod in an agreement of I won't give up. "It's good."

"That's what you think? It's good."

"Yeah."

"So there's no negative connotation. Like you're hustling someone?"

"No."

"So it's about running on and the off the field, about giving it everything you've got, about purpose and drive, and the opposite of lazy."

"Yes."

"Good."


Today I am grateful to remember to hustle.

No comments: