Tuesday, February 9, 2016

is this what we call a girl thing?

It's pink.

There is a piece of pink fishnet poof of kinda sorta I don't know what to call material. I just know that this pink is not pale and rhinestones and eyes and where is all this light coming from and this week looks so good on you, child.

Let's just stay here.

No. You have to grow.







It's outspoken.

There is an edge you push and in this moment I have never felt so bonded with your mother.






It's a smile, a laugh, a knowing.

At first I won't say anything. I will just do some little smirk and shake my head. It'll be so creepy to everyone but you and me. Okay, it could be creepy to you as well.

"What?"

"You know I've known you for a long time. We were kids together." I'll call you by your last name.

"What did she say?"

"All I'm saying is that you'll have to read it but I will tell you that I never truly knew you until I met your daughter."






Today I am grateful for what this day was and what tomorrow promises.


No comments: