Wednesday, December 23, 2015

day four of sixteen: it's all personal

It's him driving his fiancé and little brother to Nan's.
It's how she answers the door.
It's Merry Missmas.
It's a chicken sandwich.
It's feeling like there won't be enough time in twenty-four hours.
Yes it will.
No it won't.
It was.


It's how from the corner of the room I get a blues concert from someone you wish could have stuck around a little longer to see the people who now would pay to see him and we all just think that something is wrong in a world where your value adds after you are gone.


But then I think the value is in his smile, and I think this looks like a good day.


Blues is a celebration.



Today I am grateful for a job, for electricity, for a phone, an email, for a couple of trips, and water.


Dear me,
Water is available to you.
Love,
me

No comments: