Friday, November 27, 2015

'o day of gratitude

Today I am grateful for the people who take care of things, who chase me away, who say, "Not a great idea. Really. Work on it or walk away. Now's your chance."

I am grateful for the food and the people around two tables.
I am grateful for rules of living, for how walking barefoot can still be done in November. I am grateful for the sound of crickets and water dripping. I am grateful for the middle of the night. I am grateful for the birthday girl and the anniversary one. I am grateful for doctors who perform surgeries and ultrasound technicians who still scan and plumbers who stop the water from running into the basements and that you can still have peanut m&ms on Thanksgiving Day. I am grateful the child was found and for the people who run out to do that sort of thing on Thanksgiving Day. I am grateful for the lives saved, the people helped, the naps took, how the lights work on 'o day of gratitude.



I am grateful for a podcast. I am grateful for two calls, two kids. I am grateful for a day of working when I wasn't supposed to, how Thanksgiving can be a day of ideas and a day of rest. I am grateful for the time to talk politics and getting lost in music.



Dear Saturday Night Live writers,

You rock.

Love,
me


I am grateful for the guy who sent it to me.

I think he wanted me to send it to you. So. Here.

No comments: