Tuesday, November 10, 2015

a love letter

Dear John,

It's not that I don't want you to accomplish everything you set out to. I do. In fact I most likely sleep better at night with some type of internal peace that I take for granted to the point I may not think of you. For this I should be ashamed, but I'm going with grateful. Grateful to know how absolutely powerful you are. That those things for which you are passionate you can do.

And I know this is going to sound completely selfish and limiting and how could I not be honored to be asked to help you. I am. I am honored to be asked but every piece of me is now devoted to the work at my door. It feels all encompassing and heavy in importance to the point I just got insanely dramatic and we'll break here for you to roll your eyes. I don't blame you.

It's just that I don't want to come to meetings and listen to proposals and understand zoning and whatever else it was I was supposed to be doing. I just trust you and your group to know what is best for the city.

I respectfully decline your most generous invitation. (maybe I should have just written that)

Love,
me



Today I am grateful for the question and the freedom I have to answer it.

No comments: