Friday, October 30, 2015

character

I'm not signing up for anything. In fact, I'm not writing a novel. I can only commit to 750 words a day. That would put me at about 1,700 words a day, which, for me, seems rather hefty. Especially when I have to divide myself among them and writing is not easy for me. It can be a struggle to be original. Hasn't everyone already said everything?

But we can't stop.

Right?

So,
750 for others
200 for myself
750 for the project


November 1st is the start, and I have to see my first character. I have to see him somewhere and there has to be conflict on each page and will I want to follow him wherever he goes and what will that say about me and why would I fear?


I won't.
Working Title: The Project
Duration: 30 Days
Project Word Count: 22,500
November Word Count: 51,000


He has a thing for numbers. This character is counting out change, possibly at a convenience store, though I still have a day to truly see him there.

Tonight we are going with an oldie but goodie to celebrate Halloween, the day before I follow a guy with a thing for numbers down a road to a convenience store. I already trust him, and I think that's the key.


Today I am grateful for the month ahead, for how more than anything it is about gratitude. I am grateful for all those writers who look at 51,000 words a month and think amateur. For them, I can do this.

2 comments:

Chantel said...

I wish I could read over your shoulder, my friend....some minds are meant to spill onto paper.

Shea Goff said...

Didn't you do it? Should I be concerned that I missed the first day? Your encouragement is beautiful. Thank you. Now off to write 1,500 words about a guy in a convenience store buying lottery tickets. This feels just a little crazy. Much crazy love to you, my friend.