Monday, July 20, 2015

lay low

It is her advice, the woman of all wisdom, the origin of life.

"Lay low."

I laugh, "Mom, I don't know how much lower I can go, and I don't even want to ask that question."

She gives me that look.

"Yes m'am."




Then I watch a video of two kids who are becoming adults who can vote. She is going into her second year of college and is working in sports medicine. He's from Starkville. They are singing into microphones attached to wires attached to speakers which push their voices into a massive room. The phone is in that room. Days later I listen to the audio and watch two kids who met five minutes earlier come together to sing a song which makes me sing that song for the rest of the day.




I think this is proof that magic happens when people are doing what they love.




Today I am grateful for a couple of people who reminded me that life is not about job titles or thinking you're in charge of something. It is about doing what you love.



Dang kids. Always teaching us something.






No comments: