Saturday, June 27, 2015

walking with pride while fumbling along

I have pride.
I come onto the internet every night

and

I think I have something to say.



It's very pride full to think you've seen enough or done enough to know and believe.
With our friends we are pride full.



We say things that we think are important.


And we deny that truth may be relative.







So today we needed to get past something and no doubt both our hearts were in it.
The first man I ever loved and still love and me.

He said, "I think you have a problem with pride."

And I felt the tears well up in my eyes because I don't think I have a problem with pride unless it's just that I have too much of it.

"If you had any self esteem you wouldn't live like that."







And you know what? I have to give it to him. He's right.


So what I say is what I should have been saying all along, "Yes, sir."









Today I am grateful for a talk with my Dad, for a realization that in a loving relationship you at least have compromise.





(balance, says Mom, and today I hiked for the first time since Monday.)
(so I'm taking a point for that.)

No comments: