Thursday, June 25, 2015

Quixote is tilting at windmills




Be the change. Whatever change it is. Be it.


(but they)


They came to teach you, precious.





I was less than I wanted to be today. I attacked imaginary enemies. I rode into battle on the foe's horse. I denied any treaty. A warrior, I was. You will not talk to me like that was my default. I was my own defense lawyer, but I didn't have the stomach for my case.


In my mind it was a standoff.





What was it that George said?




The winner loses all.


We both lost.


And I found out I don't want to win anymore.





Today I am grateful for the miraculous healing of a Honda, for plans to get another fixed, for that one guy in that hallway who took my hand and said, "I love you," and how nice it was to feel that and be it, how easy it is to see beauty when I looked through his eyes and how what he was giving me was an example of how to be.




(man, I'm slow but surely I have it now. new day tomorrow. right?
you're already there, Patsy Cline.)

No comments: