Monday, May 4, 2015

you can be



How much do I love her?
Let me count the ways.

Last week I asked Mrs. Thetis to recommend a book as if I was an eight year old child. "I'm just starting out reading chapter books, and I love horses."

Backstory is Mrs. Thetis has a love of books which can rival anyone's and a masters in counseling which makes me think she was sent to this particular library on this particular day especially for me. (obviously I think I'm real special)

But wait. No, Mrs. Thetis is here to recommend a book.

Last week when I gave her the scenario she gave me the name of a book before I could even finish with the idea. She was all over it. "Twister," she said.

I laughed, but then something happened.

She looked, and that book was gone and she remembered she had already loaned it to a child. She remembers which one and tells me all about her and her sister and their mom and Mrs. Thetis writes novels when she talks.

Have I mentioned how much I love her.



When I got there this morning she had at least twenty books and series and this is why and this is what and what do you like?



And I laughed. And I knew she would have an armful of books.
And she recommended a book out of her private collection that I could borrow as a friend, a first edition signed copy and my heart, oh my heart, and she said, "I'm going to get you fired."


"You're right. I have to get back to work."


Today I am grateful to have discovered the coolest little spot in town.



No comments: