Thursday, April 2, 2015

list (the day you found out she was retiring)

1. take notes
2. make today okay

all day you were looking for something to revive you, retrieve you so you could become more.
because you found out someone was leaving.

walking slam out of the door. but not a slam. more like leave some candy, wave and smile and goodbye office party or school bash or

uhoh.

she's gonna be gone.

that one person you looked to for five hours a day and asked, "okay?"

"okay."



I asked something of her.
I asked her to leave me a list.


it's called.
What would you do if you were me?

I know. it's not like you have anything else to do with your life.
but you know the most important person I think you were was a teacher.


and I am grateful for you.



and you'll never stop being.
a teacher, a legendary one.

No comments: