Saturday, April 18, 2015

Eddie



It was Friday afternoon at about three when Eddie came through the door. And it's funny and good to have known someone as a kid and then meet them again as an adult.

Eddie asked, "Which way?"

And I mumbled and pointed, "That way then right."

And off he went. That way and then right into all he knew was a crisis, an immediate need.

I yelled, "Eddie's here. Everything is going to be alright."

Then I left with the faith that it would. Be alright. You know. It was. Still is. I hope.



Today I saw him again teaching children about fire safety and being an all around nice guy because  people don't seem to change those things no matter how long it has been. So I said, "I'm glad you were there yesterday to help her. I am useless in medical situations, and I knew once you got there it was going to be okay."




Today I am grateful to live in a place where all I have to do is dial three numbers to get a mini-hospital and trained medical professionals at my door. Sometimes I feel insanely spoiled.

No comments: