Wednesday, March 11, 2015

reverence



Further down the road I'll see a dog who looks like Josie. That one ear always down when the other was up. Her black hair a mess. I saw a good place to turn around but didn't 'cause who's got room for all the dogs of this world. I don't even want to ask that question.


And now more than ever I don't want to know the answer.





Today I am grateful for a trip, a trail. A barbecue joint where though they were not accustomed to the custom of slaw on a sandwich the waitress was kind enough to bring me some. I am grateful for all the campers who sat at a long center table, for all the stories I could hear, the high ceilings.





I am grateful that my brother took care of Dug and Mr. Fox.
They were good dogs who were orphans of this world.
But maybe just for a moment they felt like they had a home.

No comments: