Sunday, March 22, 2015

reach till you let go





Spaces on the same timeline.



Applied for a new life but not because I didn't like the old one or that the new one thinks it's fit for me. 
I don't know. It's just that how can you not reach as high as far as whatever.


This week I talked to students in no particular order. 



One is the most frustratingly wonderful interview I have ever done in my life. The challenge.
One will blow your mind.
One opens her eyes and her hands wide.


I have to talk to twelve more students but not before writing those three articles.




Then two more to be published next week. 



His marriage is quite beautiful. He is married to a teacher. Their children are their students.
She says, "Then there is the book," and we learn how a teacher teaches her students.


Everything I am seeing in education (maybe I miss many people but I try to get to as many people as possible) 


is spoke out loud poetry. It is a part of this state's music and education and food. 

Maybe I am not great at writing it, but I sure see that stuff floating in the form of our teachers and students. So that's what's coming up next week.





I can't watch others reach 
without reaching out myself or feeling guilty
which leads to my part of our conversation.



(but tonight we fought and I know it was because of me but it was my day off from life's list and yes, I know you were telling me to get a hat and sunglasses because that's how you love me and it is incredibly sweet and sometimes I am so not that way.


((because I wanted that chicken. and I feel bad for admitting how bad, but I am not smoking or drinking anything but coffee and water and I walked at least five miles today so I was kinda defensive.


(((it's bad when your apology still sounds so much like the argument. so in the morning before the walk I'll say sorry as my good morning.


((((Dad always said a person who keeps saying sorry is sorry and you don't ever want to be that way.




Today I am grateful for a trip and contact lenses and sunglasses and sunscreen and a wide brimmed hat and the dinner reservations. No matter what he is serving I am getting the Chef's special appetizer and dinner.

No comments: