Monday, March 23, 2015

friendly delivery person

Bazaar, a crazy little food shop! Collierville, TN



She called to let me know someone had sent me a gift. She would leave it in the same place she always left my gifts. And I hers.

The recipe was called Brussel Sprouts with Bacon, Walnuts & Balsamic Vinegar. She made it one Thanksgiving and surely I remarked since it was remarkable.

Last night I stood in front of the refrigerator.

Brussel Sprouts. Check.

Bacon. Nope. But there's a pat of butter to replace the fat.

Walnuts. I look at the counter and decide nah. I'll keep my walnuts mixed with the other nuts as a snack.

Salt and Pepper. Yep. I still have some of that.

Skillet. (Part skillet, part wok. It's a favorite.)

Seldom used stove. Exactly.

In the let love surprise you kind of way it was fantastic and warm and mildly sweet with just enough flavor to think, this is on the list of good things to eat.



Today I am grateful for new ways to prepare old favorites.


(Special thank you goes to Sue and Kim. I only think I love food until I talk to Kim. Then she tells me what she's preparing and I'm all, Yep. What she's making is food.)

No comments: