Saturday, March 7, 2015

after you left, love

I gave her this note in trade for a shot of her peanut butter and glass on door installation.



Dear you,

One of us is gone, and I'm going to live as if you are still here. 
I don't know how long that will last, but I do know that losing you hurts.


And for so long I numbed myself to pain.
Now I have to feel you leaving.
And it hurts.





So.
You can still read my words. If I ever type words of love or show a photo of love or read of love I'll think of you. I'll think of your eyes on your screen when I type them.



And when you type I want you, if you ever do type something you'll allow me to read, that I'll know the privilege you have afforded me.


me (lower case, head bowed, thank you for showing me love)




I think the following artists grip my heart like few others. To read words is to invest in humans. Crumbling and beautiful and take your breath away and send prayers up and I'll never be able to say how much I love. If you look at their work you know what I mean.



And it's good to know she and he never truly leave.


She is back.




Today I am grateful for the world wide web. It's as if we can love out loud here.

3 comments:

Takatugu Aoki said...

Very cute, subjectivity with depth

Takatugu Aoki said...

Very cute, subjectivity with depth

Shea Goff said...

Thank you. Cute cuts the vulnerability and helps me to laugh at myself. Cute is great. I appreciate the compliment.